Unity Pro XL 4.0

ongzy

Any idea how I can get started with this?
Any user guide or start-up manual to work from sketch?
Am having a hard time understanding.

There is startup guide at Unity documentation CD/DVD.

Open CD (intro.html) -> Unity Pro software -> Start up guide for Unity pro

i have a couple of guides that i scoured from the web i cant remember the links but if you send me your email address i can email em to you. my plctalk account wont allow me to upload more than a 400Kb sized file and these files are about 6 MB in total.

Lare.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Just wondering if I could to get some really quick start instead of reading from the very beginning.
Am taking over a half completed project with tight schedule.

Robert,
Awesome link. Thanks a lot.
Not quite sure if it helps but the documents there are definitely good ones.

Last edited:
There is a startup guide for Unity Pro.
Old. published during 2004 . May be helpful.

PDF is same as I earlier mentioned. Which is good in this document is that it describes pretty well how you build own DFB's on Unity ( Derived function blocks).

Where you have exactly problems. I know the problem, years ago when I started to use Unity, I had same problem.
Tight schelude and I didn't know anything of Unity program at that time.

There is no much documents how you get started with Unity

There is a startup guide for Unity Pro.
Old. published during 2004 . May be helpful.

Thanks. I read this already. Kinda general.
Good for overall undestanding but not exact project making.
But it would be useful for future new others who come across this forum and thread.

Where you have exactly problems. I know the problem, years ago when I started to use Unity, I had same problem.
Tight schelude and I didn't know anything of Unity program at that time.

You said it lare.
Hope time soon I would be like you now.

thanks.

Even that I think I still know very little about Unity Pro and how powerful tool it is.
I have maded some 3-4 projects with it / year. Biggest project have had only some 4000 variables on it. (unity was master for several other small PLC's)

Here is another starting guide, but is is also pretty general.

Last edited:
Hey..thanks a lot, Lare. You've been very helpful.

The project I'm handling now has over 5000+ variables. This is my first project and I'm gonna prepare for the FAT. Thought it's better to start with something small or at least guided by senior engineers.