Analog Input AB NI8 Wont Enabled

DzakwanAfif

Hello, I just needed some help.

I wanna control my drum level using PLC AB and already migrate the DPT wire signal 1-5 V to analog Input NI8

I already set all the IO Config, range, and with the same config with my flow controller. My flow controller works perfectly, but the level controller wont displays their proportional(default) value.

I already check the input voltage at the Analog Input terminal, and it had 1-5 volt depending on my drum level.
And my input analog LED status on the channel that I declare as level control is not on, but in the flow controller is on.

Any helps? I'm already blocked at my troubleshooting o_O
Thankyou

The 1746-NI8 has dipswitches on the card to switch between voltage and current input. Have you checked these are in the correct position for voltage? These will need to be set appropriately for each channel.
OFF = Voltage
ON = Current

Thankyou for the response..

But nope, Im already sure that I set the AI range and turn down the DIP switch to voltage.

The new progress is, it has something to do with the FIRST PASS BIT. Anyone knows the principal mechanism of this instruction?
Thanks

The first pass bit will only be true for the first scan. Any subsequent scans it will be false.
So this would typically be after power up or swapping to run mode.

Thankyou, now my level control is enabled when i put my program at subroutine of my flow controller program in the main routine.

But when i declared the first pass bit and put my level control program at a new file (not at subroutine anymore) l, still my level control program wont work.

Any solution of this?

Can you post the program? if yes zip the file

Can you see the raw value number looking at the input (not in your program) and does it change, you should be able to change the level and see the input change in the data

Is this a 1756 or 1746 ?

Sure i'll post my program soon when im at my workshop.

The value from my DPT is about 3267 until 16383 depending at my level 0-1000 mm H2O..
The level control program works when i put my program at the subroutine of my flow program.

But when i put my level program independent-ly at a new file, it doesnt work again. Why?
My model is 1746-NI8 (edited)

Last edited:
Why I need JSR when im made the level program in a new file (at main routine) ?

But yes, im using JSR at my level program at subroutine when my flow program is in the main routine

You don't need one for the main routine, it was only the new file I was asking about. You say it works when it is included in the same file as the working flow controller, or when it is a subroutine being called by the flow control file, but when you move it to its own file it no longer works.

Does the new file have a JSR which is calling it? All files outside of the main file need to be called by a JSR. If not they won't be scanned.

Wow, so if i had 2 differents file, i must make JSR instruction too?

I dunno, i mean, i just know that JSR just make me jump to another subroutine.
So JSR is needed to scan another file? Not just a subroutine?

You mentioned 1746-NI8, so I assume this is some type of SLC controller. By default only ladder 2 is scanned, it is the "Main" program. All other programs are considered to be subroutines, and must be called from the Main Program. So yes, every "program" other than the main one must have a JSR.

jsr.PNG

Last edited:
EUREKA..
Thankyou so much now i understand what the SLC scanning mechanism..
Is it controlLogix had the same mechanism like this?

I had programming with ControlLogix too, and make many file in RSLogix5000, but never found the problem like this one