Tips aligning things in FactoryTalk Studio

I find the alignment tool good for many but not all instances similar to the challenge described. In those instances I have become a fan of using the property panel which is on the far right of the tool bar. There is a field showing Left and another for Top. I will simply enter value. It is not as fast as align but works well. I will also use to help with spacing as it also have fields for width and height. So when spacing an array of buttons or indicators you can with a bit of math get your spacing precise.

Maybe I'm picky, but I make everything snap to grid, so it is easy to just re-size and move components.

Just like Autocad - it drives me crazy when I find other's screens don't align to the grid.

Yes but this is only to move the object. I would like to be able to resize it.

+1 on the property panel. select all similar objects to be modified and change the desired property. To make a line longer you change the width. To make a line thicker you change the Line Width. If you have selected all lines then a single entry in the property panel will change all. Do not right click on the selection but use the View navigation tab or Ctrl + V to open the property panel.

As far as alignment I like to use Alt + keys to align objects or space them.

To layout a set of rows on a page I will draw my first line.
I just learned about the Ctrl key method reading this post.:site:

Then Copy Paste the total number of rows needed. Set the Top and Bottom Position. Then Select All, Alt + A,L (align left) then Alt + A,V. (space vertical)

Have to add this one:

When you click on an object or group of objects and use the Shift & (arrow key) to move them pixel-by-pixel, the default number of pixels it moves per key press is 1 pixel at a time.

You can change the increment of how much it moves on each Shift & (arrow key) press by holding Shift & (+) or Shift & (-). Doing this, you can move it 1, 2, 4, or more pixels for each key stroke.

Hope that helps!