Highly Extendable/Scriptable HMI solutions?

Maybe you should should step in and fire the marketing dept because they scare potential customers away.

Back when Ignition was called FactoryPMI, they were reasonable. Now it's not!!

You don't think 6k list price for five clients and historian is reasonable? Man, I sure do. The last time I bought Wonderware the price for a single license/client was 6k.

Last edited:
LOL, If you are calling $21K is the Roll Royce, then what about their other option "Ultimate" which is $30K?

Actually, since you are spending a good chunk of money in it, you should also think of fail over as a backup measurement and that's now bring the price up to
$30K for Pro option and $45K for Ultimate option.

The 10k basic package and 350$ for the Siemens Driver still beats the competition out of the water... I ran through the pricing exercise of replacing iFix with ignition a while back not counting on OS costs and came out about 35k$ for Ignition and 80k$ (with a 50% discount already applied).

Pretty ****ing steep, if you ask me... mind that I didn't negotiate any price with Inductive, just got their pricing off the website.

Hello,

Perhaps PeakHMI.
ummm Their website looks like a flashback to 1999. That does not bode well for their product.

The bad news is that you've just dismissed the two best out of hand.

I also wish that VBScript debugging on InTouchME / Indusoft Web Studio was a little better, but it is my favorite HMI software.

FactoryTalk View SE has a strong VBA engine and broad VBA-exposed object model, which I think also leads to dependency on VBA and overall low stability.

If there was a Windows-based HMI with Python scripting that supported the C-based NumPy and SciPy libraries, I would use it every day. But there isn't.
Debugging on ITME is terrible. it takes me like 10 tries just to step through my code once. It freezes up constantly. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't be too bad. The other problem is that there is no support for user-defined VBScript classes. You can use objects but you can't define new ones and you can't convert Tag based classes into VBScript objects.

Why is one of your requirements a closed-source license?
We are not a custom machine builder, we are an OEM. Part of our business model is web-based services for tracking data on our machines. The interface for that is proprietary.

And did anybody look at the bottom of the page?? I would suggest before running scared because of a price tag, you should make a phone call.

Both parties deserve that!
$1,650 price tag is a per runtime license. We can't justify paying that for every machine when we already pay $800 to $1000 for the panel PC that it runs on it. I already talked to Inductive Automation and they won't come anywhere near what we pay now for an ITME Runtime which is between $100-$200. I even asked about getting to around $500 they said no.

Development environment is free just like with Ignition. We pay less than $200 for a runtime license.

You're getting a gigantic discount. Everybody else, even OEMs like me, pay for their Development licenses. If you buy through Wonderware instead of direct from Indusoft, you pay significantly more.

You aren't going to find anything more price competitive than IWS. If the VBScript debugger and class object handling is a dealbreaker, then that's just how it is.