Has anyone ever heard of the Control Manufacturing Company Model TM1?

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys,

Been asked to look at an existing well system. It's very simple, there is a pressure transducer at the storage tank that provides a 4-20mA signal for tank level. This is fed into a panel mounted pump controller (MicroMac 2300). This controller calls two wells to run that are apparently connected via telephone line. I don't mean there's a modem that calls out over an actual telephone service, it's that telephone conductors are in buried conduits that run to the well sites and it's a simple on/off call to run. The controller outputs that call the pumps to run are connected to a device with Control Manufacturing Company on them, it says it's a model TM1. I have scoured the internet and can find absolutely nothing about these things, so I have no idea what they're doing. Seemingly they create a discrete on/off signal that can travel a couple thousand feet but it's not that simple, there are multiple input terminals plus two adjustable potentiometers whose purpose is also unknown. Here's a link to a photo of the device:

https://i.vgy.me/XPtxVP.jpg

If anyone has any info about this thing I would love to hear it. I'll keep searching Google in the meantime but I'm really not coming up with anything. Thanks!

Looks like Control Manufacturing Company was a water integrator in Napa, and the successor company is "FluidIQs", and Tom Nelson is the guy at the top.

FluidIQs doesn't seem to have a web presence of their own, but there's evidence that they belong to Glenmount Global Solutions.

Those red wires; are they 120V AC ? Where's the telephone pair connection ?

There was a small company in Napa CA called Control Manufacturing Co. (CMC) that was a System Integrator and control panel builder; that looks like their old logo. That's probably some sort of custom interface unit they made on their own to make something work, they did that sort of thing all the time.

They basically went bankrupt over some bad projects and took on new owners, who changed their name to FluidiQs about 20 years ago. Then maybe 8-10 years ago they were bought out by a company called Glenmount Global, a larger nationally based SI company and the Napa location is now their "Water Division" HQ. Some of the same people still work there, if you can identify the name of the original project they may be able to help.

https://www.glenmountglobal.com/home/

LOL... crossed in the ether...

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, last week was absolutely nuts.

Thanks so much for the info on CMC, that's very helpful. I'll contact the new company and see if they can provide any input on this system. With any luck, maybe they have some documentation in their deadfiles.