Profinbus to G120 drive using manager Help !!!

I used starter to config the drive, I have had a few errors in regards to the way the drive recognize the motor and I still haven't a clear view on how that works, I was looking for an autotune option :) but nut sure if this is even available in a G120.
If you mean the ability to detect the motor data, then STARTER do have this in combination with G120.

When I check the profibus communication in starter, I am getting nothing from the PLC, something tells me that I don't have all the blocks in my project that I need to get the communication going.
Is there a BF on the 315 CPU ? If not, then the basic configuration is OK.

Then for PZD 1 you need FB11 and DB11. Nothing more.

I am having some problems with a fault in the system, guessing this has something to do with a DB area, but I can't find the problem.

I am using Telegram 1 and everything else seems OK when online, except for the error:

"Area length error when reading" :(

Error_1.png Error_2.png

Can you look post the screenshot of the diagnostic buffer, but with the "details on event" which are further down?

attachment.php

This is a very old program running in the PLC, there are bits and peaces converted over from S5 when tjhey upgraded the PLC.

There is a function block FB10 that uses DB10, and the error goes away as soon as I delete my drive in HW config, I have tried a few different setups in regards to the IO address, default it came in at 256 to 259.

The drive is running that the good news :) but not sure why I get this error.

I will keep beating on it and see if I can find a way.

Thanks

The access address is at offset 10 and is not indicating you are accessing DB10. Delete OB121 and let the plc go into stop and back track using the stack info.

I learned the trick of loading the program into PLCSIM, delete the OB121 and here it pops up :) I was referencing to a tag that was no longer in the DB.

Error was corrected and I only have green lights :cry:

Thanks for all your help, this was one of those steep learning curves.

Thanks again to all (y)🍻🍻

I made it work but there a one thing that I can't explain why.

I PZD_G120_Tel_1 have an float holding the speed setpoint, If I move the speed "1100.0" into the float it shows 1100 in the tag, but the drive does not get the value, it gets a zero,

but if I move "1100" to the tag it converts it into scientific notation and the drive runs fine, but I just can't get my head around this, am I doing something backwards ??

I had a look in the FB11, but can't see if there are any conversion going on.

PZD.png