FTViewME, micrologix code emulated on 500 emulator

Dannyington

Evening all,

Hope you all had a good Christmas and new year.

I was looking for some advice, I have looked through the forum and found several similar issues, but none which solve mine.

Basically I am writing some code on micrologix starter, which is being emulated using the SLC 500 emulator. All going well so far...

However it cant be found on FT View ME. I could not find the emulator on RS Enterprise so I have created an OPC Server for RS Linx Classics, which does find the tags, however it says they are unavailable. Also it only goes as far as the first element i.e. N7:0, it wont let me select N7:0/0.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have performed similar tasks with less issues, I have previously used SLC500, on an emulator on RSView32 which I didnt have a problem with.

Many thanks,

Dan

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Yeah I had already gone through the steps provided in the video, found a few of these videos going through the same steps.

I have had a play about trying different things to no avail, however after restarting the PC, the program now appears to be running correctly. It is now communicating with the PLC as expected.

So its all good now...

Thanks again.