FactoryTalk View SE 9.0 and KEPServerEX OPC

yeimirj

Hi everyone!
I have a problem with FTVSE9.0 and Third Party OPC, i cannot read tags from opc server (KPEServerEX), and i do it without problems in FTVSE8.0.

Example:

* FTVSE8.0 + KEPServerEX 6.4 ---- Works Fine :D
(Can see all tags from OPC on FactoryTalk and OPC Quick Client)

* FTVSE9.0 + KEPServerEX 6.4 ---- Not Work o_O
(Can see all tags in OPC Quick Client but not in FactoryTalk)

NOTE: FactoryTalk View SE v8.0 and FactoryTalk View SE v9.0 in the same PC tested. :confused:

Can you see any OPC tag in FTVSE9? What about OPC simulation tags? What about another OPC server's tag? (you can get free OPC sim sever from a lot of places).

Can you see any OPC tag in FTVSE9? What about OPC simulation tags? What about another OPC server's tag? (you can get free OPC sim sever from a lot of places).
Another OPC server's tag = Not Work, tested with Free OPC Server simulator.
NOTE: DCOM is set to allow Total Control.

Thanks. But how i can do It? :|

Hi everyone!
I have a problem with FTVSE9.0 and Third Party OPC, i cannot read tags from opc server (KPEServerEX), and i do it without problems in FTVSE8.0.

Example:

* FTVSE8.0 + KEPServerEX 6.4 ---- Works Fine :D
(Can see all tags from OPC on FactoryTalk and OPC Quick Client)

* FTVSE9.0 + KEPServerEX 6.4 ---- Not Work o_O
(Can see all tags in OPC Quick Client but not in FactoryTalk)

NOTE: FactoryTalk View SE v8.0 and FactoryTalk View SE v9.0 in the same PC tested. :confused:

somebody know if this KEPServerEX 6 work with FT 10?

There were some pretty significant changes made between 8.0 and 9.0. What is the status of the OPC Server in your FactoryTalk project? Is the name correct? Can you see the tags with the FT OPC tools?