Trying to read stored data from Keyence device to ControlLogix 5570 PLC

fzyee

Hey everyone, I have a Keyence LK-G5001P control module with 2 laser heads connected to it (the lasers are Keyence LK-H152). I have the control module connected to a Logix 5571 PLC through Ethernet, and I am trying to figure out how to read the stored data on the control module to the PLC? Does anyone have any experience working with Keyence products and trying to read stored data off of them over Ethernet?

Welcome to the forum!

Does anyone have any experience working with Keyence products and trying to read stored data off of them over Ethernet?

Yes but not this specific unit. The model I used, there were specific instructions in the manual for setting up the Keyence device for Ethernet/IP, and there was sample code to download for the PLC end.

I don't have an online Keyence account now, so no access to manuals, if you attach them here I, or someone else, can advise further.

yep, I've done that. With that specific controller. I set ip up as an I/O instance.
What have you done?
What are you seeing?
What isn't working?

Keith

I think my biggest issue is due to my lack of experience with Ethernet/IP. From what I understand, I would need to use the MSG instruction and configure it to send the message I need by changing the service code, class, instance, attribute, etc.

The Keyence manual claims I can send RS-232C commands through Ethernet/IP, but I am not sure how to do this. I have attached 2 screenshots of the manual, one of which explains how to send an RS-232C command over Ethernet/IP, and the other screenshot shows the command I am trying to send (just as a test). I'm not sure what to do with the command letters "VS".

rs232 command.JPG ethernetip how to.JPG