TwinCAT 3.1: restore existing variables links

karthik.ch

🤥
Hello ALL,
Firstly, I am a complete beginner in PLC's, so excuse me if the question doesnt make proper sense. I have a solution file which was working fine with the CX 9020 PLC. Now, I changed the PLC (CX 5130) but still running the same old solution. Now, the problem is, the variables links are disappeared and I think I need to link them again newly. My question, Is there a way to restore all the previously linked variable addresses? NOTE: the terminals and the connections remains same for both PLC's. Hopefully, waiting for cool positive reply. Thanks in advance.:sick:

I believe the way to do this is to back up your mappings (prior to changing the controller) then restoring them. As long as your variable names and I/O configuration are identical, it should work.

It sounds like you already changed your controller though so I don't know if there's another way once they're wiped out...

BiaDZ7qdUEbSB97cxKAMXKEMfF4in6zEXnmC3nl3g2BjeGjdbipvq+MIBOvbhLXCBMrRygeO3seOZthsX8BZ4B9LHBeGgA7hAGVq5QLCxwAUWiQi+9t0oQ1sXmN+s8ooNXuACZegzduhvQfJ26MYFAR5aoQvEe+AddAAFLlCGVr8pRvFHy4LqAuaBooRnK+ICtm9sf4OOpuM1gPl24AIQKDpca6RhxCcsgewHEQcuUAZcwEyALmB2ChA3gQuUARcgWgUuUAZcgGgVuEAZcAGiVeACZcAFiFaBC5QBFyBaBS5QBlyAaBW4QBlwAaJV4AJlrH+3EkG0Cu+zChcAAAiBCwAAFLgAAEAIXAAAoMAFAABC4AIAAAUuAAAQAhcAAChwAQCAELgAAED5f8SCS7CCPBwMAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

mappings.png

Hi Kolyur,
I have all the mappings in the solution file as it is. When I load the solution, the EtherCAT master device for the old PLC (CX9020) also shows up, and the variables are perfectly linked. When I search for new devices, new EtherCAT master for (CX5130) also appears, but without links. Now, i want to have all the previous links in this new device. Hope it is clear to you. Thank you for the reply.