FactoryTalk user login

andy_1983

Hi,

I’m converting a panelview 550 to a panelview +7 application, operating with an SLC5/05

Is there a way a could drive a bit in the SLC from the panelview depending on a particular user being logged in. ie I want to tell the SLC if there is an engineer logged in, an operator logged in, or no one logged in (both previous conditions logic 0). I’ve set up user accounts for engineer and operator with the required passwords, and have set up security on each page.

I can see a way of doing this by having a passcode on a numeric input, and an EQU block in the PLC, but it would be nice if I could automate it from the user log in.

I’m using factorytalk view ME V9. And Pv+7

Thanks for any help

Andy

You could use the Remote Macro. You'll find it under Global Connections>Macro tab.

1. Create a Macro named Macro1 where SLC Tag = 1

2. assign the expression to CurrentUserHasCode() . enter security code Letter in the ()

You could use the Remote Macro. You'll find it under Global Connections>Macro tab.

1. Create a Macro named Macro1 where SLC Tag = 1

2. assign the expression to CurrentUserHasCode() . enter security code Letter in the ()

Thanks very much, I’ve managed to sort it out as per your help. A bit more learnt about Factorytalk too!

Thanks again

Andy

Yup, use a Macro to write to a PLC tag based on the state of an HMI tag.
I've used it two different ways.
One, to set a single BOOL bit for each user with one HMI tag. (If USER = "logged in" THEN B*:X/Y=1, ELSE 0)
Two, an INT tag set to a different value for each different user. N*:X is 1=operator, 2=tech, 3=engineer, etc... Set an HMI tag for each access level, and write the corresponding value to the SLC location.