Keyence LR-TB2000C laser sensor output voltage

Karinrinkashi

Hello everyone!

I just opened a new LRTB200C laser sensor that i got from keyence. I have hooked a 4 wire quick disconnect cable to it with Brown (24V), Blue (0V), White (Output 1), and Black (Output/Input, configurable) to it. I have a 24V power supply that i have hooked the Brown and Blue wires to. The sensor is on and working, detecting at the distance i have set. I have configured as PNP.

The problem i am facing is that when the sensor sees an object at the prescribed distance, it shows 24V at the output which is a good thing. But when i take the object away, the voltage on the output does not go to 0V but shows 9V on it.

I have tried changing the cable, i have tried using a different sensor (i ordered a few), and i have tried changing some settings too. I am measuring the voltage at the end of the cable, it is not attached to anything. It is just a small testbed in my office that i am using.

I have run out of ideas on why the voltage won't go down to 0V when there is nothing infront of the sensor.

Any leads or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance