rslogix 500 dropping out

jstorer

Our company has recently upgrade to all windows 10 and since this change we have had a problem running RsLogix 500. Everytime we get connected to a Micro 1500 with a USB to serial adapter the program will start fine, then it will start to pause and only read every 2 seconds and eventually disconnect itself from the program. i have tried to download the newest version of RsLogix 500 (12.00.00) and i have the RsLinx at ( 4.00.01) which should be compatible with windows 10.I have also tried a new laptop. Any suggestions of where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

I have nothing to add except this is why my laptop runs Windows 7...I know i'll need to upgrade eventually--I was thinking of running Windows 10 on VMware and the main OS being 7 not sure how that would work.

Good Luck (maybe try the VMware route and install RS500 on the Windows 7 OS).

Our company has recently upgrade to all windows 10 and since this change we have had a problem running RsLogix 500. Everytime we get connected to a Micro 1500 with a USB to serial adapter the program will start fine, then it will start to pause and only read every 2 seconds and eventually disconnect itself from the program. i have tried to download the newest version of RsLogix 500 (12.00.00) and i have the RsLinx at ( 4.00.01) which should be compatible with windows 10.I have also tried a new laptop. Any suggestions of where to go next would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a disconnect in RSLinx, try upgrading to the latest v4.10 (or higher if its available).

i have updated to the most recent RsLinx and checked the power settings of the laptop and it still slows down and kicks me off.

Thank you for all of the suggestions

Who is the manufacture of the USB adapter and how long ago did you buy it? Is it only one PC or all your PCs?

On Windows 10-I run RS Linx Classic OEM v.4.00 CPR9 SR 10.0 & RS500 v.8.30 CPR 9
on windows 10 and never have a problem. I use a lot of different cables
and a a Prolific USB to DB-9 for DF1, I also run my RS5
Everything else I have a Virtual machine (Windows 7 & XP )

I think Roxusa has your answer and you probably want to contact Rockwell direct and inform them of your issue. Perhaps there is a newer version or a driver update needed. On a similar issue though different, I had IO and driver issues moving windows 7 Wonderware HMI applications to windows 10 and usually my problem was the driver or software was not built optimized for that OS. Windows 10 in factory settings still feels in an infancy stage for me with Automation, but the suppliers and people like Rockwell should have downloads for you that support it. I would start there. Hope that helps.