Question for Automation Engineer on Allen Bradley PLC

Ask you questions here on this board and we will respond on the board. You will get help from multiple people and the answer will be available to help others as well.

Oh ME ME ME!!! I've got one!!!
waveau8.gif

What exactly is an Automation Engineer? At what point can you go from calling yourself a degreed Engineer to an Automation Engineer, Field Engineer, Integration Engineer, or other non degreed title?

I hang out on forums from time to time. Can I call myself a Forum Engineer?

could you please describe variouse types of PLC and suggest a range of applications for each, and giving reasons for your choice of applications!!??!! this would help me out greatly as im on a plc course and am stuck on homework! please post back asap thankyou. :whistle:

Could you please explain to me the differences between RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000? In particular, what have you done with my beloved SCP instruction! If you email me at [email protected], I'll be happy to return the favor including a picture of a trojan horse for your enjoyment.

Alaric said:
How can I swap the values in N7:44 and N7:59 wihout using a third register?
Never thought about that one. This is the best I can do. It works as long as the values don't total to be more than 32767. Anyone else think of a better way or am I missing the obvious?
2RegisterSwap.JPG

Alaric said:
There is a better way...

Check your PMs Tim.
So simple Alaric. I have no idea what the use for it would be but I guess you are saving one register. Can anyone else figure it out?

BTW, is someone going to answer my original question?

I wanna be an AB automation engineer

I need the definition of:

1) Unitary System
2) Modular System
3) Monetary System
4) Rack Mount System.

1. One girlfriend or wife at a time.
2. Multiple girlfriends that can be interchanged depending on occasion or needs.
3. Something you will not have with any of the above.
4. Like 2 but well endowed.

How can I swap the values in N7:44 and N7:59 wihout using a third register?

Just swp them, got to index; which you may need anyway with any aspect of the above systems.

Wait, types of plc's? The ones that work.

I wanna b, 2b or not 2b, what was the question again?

Last edited: