HK 50 PLC, how is´t working?

ason

Good evning, we got an machine that have a HK 50 PLC, and i cant find out how to read the instruction on it,

here is an sample from program,
Clip_resize.jpg

i dont know where each rang starts and stops, and i cant find out how to translate it to ladder, im maybe to stupied o_O

Exemple, what is reset $SPOIK on line 172?
172 LDL $SPOIK
is´t only line 171 that sets LDL $SPOIK or is´t more lines that´s in the rang?
is´t NOP that starts new rang?

LDH = set
LDL = reset
SH1 = or
SL1 = and

i have Attached the manual.

That looks very similar to an old German PDP11 program that was running some machines in a plant where I used to work...

If so, the $SPOIK is (most likely) a memory location that's defined in an earlier part of the program. It's just a bit in the memory someplace.

This system very likely works with a memory stack. Possibly multiple stacks -- as indicated by the SH1 referencing the first stack and SH2 referencing the second. (MAYBE??? -- I don't know this for certain...)

To put a bit onto the stack, you need to OR (SH1) it onto the top of the stack. Results of the operations are placed into a result register.

NOP is a No-Operation. It can sometimes be used to mark the start of a new "rung", but not always. It's merely holding a blank place in the program memory -- it doesn't do anything.

If this is what is happening, you have to learn to think differently than ladder. You have to think in terms of a stack and result register. Lots of it would "translate" to ladder, but lots of it won't... Unfortunately, it's not always an obvious 1-for-1 translation.

Again -- I'm not sure that this is exactly how it works. I'm not at all familiar with the HK-50 and am only trying to apply some background from something that appears similar. And, unfortunately, I can't read a bit of the German program documentation...

Last edited:
Thanks Ozee,
the program use $_NAME as a internal "FLAG/MARK"
The manual is in english,
i have tryied to read the manual alot of times and they explains that it´s like instructions that can be read as ladder,
and i need to find out where the range starts and stops,

We have an output that doesnt works as it should sometimes, and need to find what is resets that output.

Last edited:
Yes, I know the manuals are in English. The program documentation in the right-hand-column that you posted is in German...

Do you know which output isn't working as it should? What is the code associated with that output?

Sorry,
the output is handled by $SPOIK, and $SPOIK is reset in 4 place on the program.
line 148, 164, 172, and one more i think, doesnt have the program here at home.

how does the JMP condition works? will it jump if the condition is fulfiled, and if not it will go on down the program?

ason said:
Sorry,
the output is handled by $SPOIK, and $SPOIK is reset in 4 place on the program.
line 148, 164, 172, and one more i think, doesnt have the program here at home.

how does the JMP condition works? will it jump if the condition is fulfiled, and if not it will go on down the program?

Looking at the included documentation, the JMP is an unconditional jump. JMP $label is the format. At line 167 JMP 70$ jumps to the label at line 179 bypassing all the logic inbetween.

SL X Y, skips X lines if Y is LOW
SH X Y, skips X lines if Y is HIGH

curlyandshemp said:
Looking at the included documentation, the JMP is an unconditional jump. JMP $label is the format. At line 167 JMP 70$ jumps to the label at line 179 bypassing all the logic inbetween.

SL X Y, skips X lines if Y is LOW
SH X Y, skips X lines if Y is HIGH

Thanks alot, now i think i got it,
I´m on the way to work now and going to see if what we can figure out with this. :site:

We found the problem earlier this week,
was replacing wiring and inductive proximity switch and now it works very well,
but we did log that switches with a Fluke 123 oscillometer, and we didnt find any Signal lose or voltage drop.
And now i understand how to read that HK PLC program ;=)
is there any place i can put that manual if any one else need it in the future?

Thanks