Schneider UnityPro XL - Commn Error

nooruh

Dear Friends,
I am using Schneider UNITY Pro XL Version 3.1 software with MODICON 140 CPU 65150. Recently we are facing a problem while going online. It is not going directly to programming mode and says the programming mode is not available and can be connected to monitoring mode. If it is connected to monitoring mode, it show the status and after 5 – 10 minutes one message says PLC reservation is just released and can be connected to programming mode. But if trying to connect to programming mode, again the same message comes and only monitoring mode is available.
Tried power recuycling, downloaded with backyup program, but still the same result. physical communication is normal and in monitoring mode it works and program runs fine, but not in Program mode so unable to edit. I am using CPU ethernet port for communication.

Any similar problems ? or any expert advice please......

Regards....Noorul Hassan.M

Hi
try checking if there are any attributes on the program that prevents you from writing on the PLC

like read only or upload prevented

This sounds alot like a problem left over from concept. It occurs when a connection is broken with a programming terminal. Usually a reboot fixes it. V2.8 exec is supposed to fix this.

Hi Friends, Thanks

If I recycle power, it goes into Program mode and I am able to uplaod / download, but again after few minutes, the same error repeats and goes to offline. then after wards, unable to go in program mode and goes to only monitoring mode. Physical connection is fine as the same system with Vijeo Citect run fine....

Regards

Have you tried disconnecting the plc from the ethernet network and just using a crossover cable to connect.
Or tried connecting via usb or serial

I tried via USB while ethernet is connected and running. I need to shut down the plant for disconnecting ethernet and try via USC or Crossover cable....I will try it anyway...Thanks

Use wireshark or ethereal to monitor your ethernet network and you can see if anything abnomal in the network. Also see there is a physical key on the cpu which is not in memory protect mode.

UnityProXL Error

HI Friends

I tried via USB, tried disconeecting the network etc. When switch off and start again, i am able to go online say for 10 min, then it comes to offline mode. again if i connect, it goes to monitoring mode only. Please find attached the screen shots of the error..if any idea.. please respond.....

thanks