working in a PLC project in internet

hamidabbasi

dear friend
I am looking for a plc programming project in internet ,can I find a project that I can do it as a part of group in internet,I live in
IRAN and I like to earn money and exprience ,both of them!!
I work with siemens s7 ,LG and Keyence PLC and thier op
please help
hamid abbasi

Okay, so who does the actual startup?

I've done an Internet PLC project, and while it was great fun (strictly volunteer, freebie), it also was very frustrating trying to get a picture of what the guy on the other end was describing so that I could code it.

And while it worked (very well thank you), I don't think that I would be interested in doing it again.

The problem is that you end up working with someone who is not technical in nature, and you end up having to train them just to get them to describe what they want properly.

So, if I were you, I would try to find something local to work on.

John

A Brazilian teacher, obtained Doctorate in connection of PLC to internet. With support of manufacturer, stayed available road internet the PLC. Possible ,programing and test the program without have the product. (agendar hours drifts and time limit)
This would must, become new attitude! The owners (mainly manufacturer) PLCs should hang his PLC in the internet.. ------[portuguese]---------
Um professor brasileiro, obteu Doutorado em conexão de PLC a internet.
Com apoio de fabricante, ficou disponível via internet o PLC. Podiamos , programar e testar o programa sem ter o produto. (agendar horas vagas e tempo limite)
Isto deveria, tornar atitude!Os donos (principalmente fabricante) PLCs deveriam pendurar seus PLC na internet...

hamidabbasi,

Keep searching on this site. Sometimes, a person comes here who wants to hire a PLC programmer for a small project. I have done 3 or 4 that way. It is difficult, but possible. Unlike rootboy, I actually enjoyed the writing of the program and then getting them running by "remote control" (many E-mails to the customer). The part I like is that I don't have to get my hands dirty in a noisy factory! That is a nice change from my usual PLC project.

This does not have to be free work. Most customers are more than happy to pay a reasonable fee, although not as much as for an on-site programmer. That is only fair, because the program cannot be as efficient as it would be after an on-site visit. Just make an agreenment at the beginning on the fee, and exactly what you will do and what the customer will have to do (load the program in a PLC and switch it to RUN and then help to troubleshoot if it doesn't work).

I suppose it comes down to whether you enjoy programming more, or whether you enjoy the personal interaction with the customer more.

Last edited:
Lancie1 said:
hamidabbasi,

Unlike rootboy, I actually enjoyed the writing of the program and then getting them running by "remote control" (many E-mails to the customer). The part I like is that I don't have to get my hands dirty in a noisy factory! That is a nice change from my usual PLC project.

Help! I'm misunderstood!

No actually I really enjoyed doing the project, I even said that it was "great fun", and it was. But it can be difficult, especially if your "client" is less than tech-savvy.

As for doing startups, the greasier, noisier, & stinkier (well, maybe not stinkier), the better. Just as long as I can put my grubby hands on the equipment (this brings to mind a quote about programmers & screwdrivers).

However, since I am employed by a corporation that frowns on doing this sort of extracurricular activity (for pay anyways), I have retired my services (such as they are) from the web.

What part of Tennessee? Lewisburg here.

John