Can't install RSview32-Demo

ayman metwally

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings every body,

I have the Demo CD of RSview32 "Sampler and tutorial", But I'm having problems while installing it.

After selecting the folder to install the software, The installer tells me that there is a problem in the path, Please see the attachment "Screen shot"

Note: I tried to change (reduce) the path length, but still have the problem!

Thanks in advance

I think that the error screen said it all , couldn't ask for much better help than that in this case . Rockwell probably assume that people who use software like this have some understanding of operating systems and PC's .
I suppose many people have come to grow up with operating systems where you just click , and have no knowledge of DOS or what actually happens underneath.

Unregistered said:
I think that the error screen said it all , couldn't ask for much better help than that in this case . Rockwell probably assume that people who use software like this have some understanding of operating systems and PC's .
I suppose many people have come to grow up with operating systems where you just click , and have no knowledge of DOS or what actually happens underneath.
Some options in Windows OS (especially the latet ones) are not that common to many people.

How many times (before installing RSview32) did you click on Advanced >> Enviroment Variables ?

Anyway, I agree with you that the message is clear somehow!

Last edited:
well I have to say that being used to the "old" way , I do understand what a path is all about , and other terrible things like "mode" and the old dos file handling stuff .
So when rsview complained it wasn't a particular shock , just cut and paste the original path into a text file leaving the field blank , let rs view install and then paste the path back on the end of it .