AB going to subscription based license

James Mcquade

I was just told today by my local AB distributor when I asked about a quote for some software that AB just announced that they would no longer sell perpetual licenses starting in about a year.

we can either buy the oem developers kit, or buy the yearly subscription.
if this is true, I can only imagine what they will charge.

while my company has no choice, many others will be looking for other plc brands that have less costly software.

AB may be on top here in the states, but globally, they are not there and if this is true, they will definitely be hurting in my opinion.

james

I have a PDF talking about this, it appeared that they would be offering both licensing schemes. Maybe I'm wrong though.