Web HMI software with OPC

mikas_m

Hello automation experts,

I would like to read your advices regarding Web HMI/SCADA application that I can use for my application.
In reality I have three different HMI/SCADA software applications and all of them have OPC servers. They are also networked. My idea would be to make a simple Web based overview HMI application that would read few OPC tags from each OPC server and presented them on one web page. This would be only for monitoring and not for controlling (read only OPC tags) Idea is that any client machine on office LAN via internet browser open one specific IP address and Web application will show about dozens different values. I think web based HMI is best solution, this way there is no need to install any client software on office Lan computers.

What Web Hmi would you suggest me?

Thank you!

To monitor a few values from any part of the plant, even next to the machines you can use this application on an Android device, all at a very low cost.
It's not Web based.
Can connect to OPC UA servers, not with the older OPC DA servers

Last edited:
Unfortunately, all three OPC servers are DA. Client machines that are going to open HMI through browsers are on windows 10.

This would be a lot of money to just read OPC-DA and serve to web browser. But, if you insist...

https://openautomationsoftware.com/

https://inductiveautomation.com/

These among a few others will be your only option outside of developing something on your own.

OPC-DA is ancient in the realm of data connectivity and while there are companies offering packages that can talk OPC-DA, there won’t be any new comers that support it.

With a good software developer they could accomplish this through ASP .NET and the .NET OPC packages. Backend would be C# (or VB - ugh...) and front end would be HTML/JS, and hopefully AJAX (JSON REST, like JQuery AJAX).