505 Workshop Problem

Rocguy

Hey guys, Our electrical boss decided to reorganize IP addresses. We've had some issues ever since. Henny helped take care of one in another thread.

The problem now is... when trying to edit for instance, a timer value. After hitting the validate button, I get this.

However, the port lockout is NOT on. I go under utilities and port lockout to verify this. Also, on our other laptop, I can edit all I want. The same processor. I figure it must be a setting somewhere. :confused:

1.jpg

Most likely the TCP driver defaulted to Port 1505 which is Read only.

You will need to reconfigure the application file's Online access for TCP Port 4452 (Read/Write); this requires Administrator credentials for the logged PC user.

Most likely the TCP driver defaulted to Port 1505 which is Read only.

You will need to reconfigure the application file's Online access for TCP Port 4452 (Read/Write); this requires Administrator credentials for the logged PC user.

When I go into Communications Setup the TCP port is listed as 4452. Do I need to be in a different place? I've looked at the TCP info in our manual but, I haven't seen anything related to this problem.

I finally got this worked out so I thought I'd come back and post the fix in case it might help someone else.

After the IP address changes file association file *.FTRF had to be deleted so it could recreate it and start storing new addresses. Someone must have associated that processor with a different IP when they logged into it.

The procedure is... OPEN-- Browse-- Choose what processor you want-- Connect to PLC-- Uncheck "Use file associated settings" -- Click Setup-- TCP/IP-- Then down in the Path Description window-- choose your processor and make sure the IP is correct. Click Close-- Click OK.

You are now back in the Open Program Dialog box. Click ok again. -- The TCP/IP Network Access dialog box opens up-- this is where you must be careful to pick the same processor you did before. If you pick a different one, it will still work. It will just associate it with a different one and you will get a port lockout message anytime you try to edit.