RS5K - Saved file routine 'source not available'

JBooth

I have a 1769-L33ER compact logix plc that is currently running v20.12. The program does not have any source protection set up. I can upload the program and do everything necessary with all routines. After saving and closing rs5k, when I open the program again, I cannot open any of the routines, they all say 'source not available'. I have to upload from the plc again in order to view/edit logic. Everything else is still accessible, tags, data types, I/o config, etc. Has anyone else ever run into this problem?

Check KB494817, Access Level: Everyone

The way it's described sounds like the opposite problem you are having, maybe the solution applies though.

solution to KB494817 did not solve the issue I am experiencing. It is acting like the routines are source protected while offline, even though the creator said he did not set up any protection on this plc. The odd thing is that when I upload I have full access, and retain full access until closing the program and reopening it. I will try and verify with the original programmer that no source protection exists.

Have you tried a save as to some other name or maybe a different type?
Can you test by having someone else try to open it?

Just throwing things out.

I wonder what would happen if you exported as L5K, then re imported into a new program? That sometimes fixes odd behavior, not too confidant about this one though.

I have tried saving as a different name. I will be passing to another programmer to try and open shortly.
Verified that there is no source protection. When I upload and then go offline, while I am still able to access the routines, I looked at them under the source protection menu, and they all said component is not source protected. While I still had access to it, I set a few routines to protected, when I close and open again, they show up as unknown source key in the protection config. So odd.

Solved. A part of the file must have been corrupt. Realized I had not done a fresh upload yet, was uploading to a used file so I could retain tag desc and comments. Did a fresh upload, and imported tag and comments into this totally new file, and everything is good on it.

First thing I would do is compare both programs L5K exports in Notepad++ to see what the difference was. Purely out of curiosity.

That is not something I have ever done before. Are you referring to just reading through each of the export files, or is there a method of running a compare between the two?

the one that was not working has CompatibilityMode set to V20.03, good file is set at V20.01. Not sure what caused it to change in the first place, but I have had tons of issues with V20.03 before, so definitely not surprised about it causing issues here.