Digital Panel-Mount Display on EtherNet/IP or DeviceNet

jagulrud

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a "digital panel meter" type display that is capable of displaying a value from a CompactLogix PLC over EtherNet/IP or DeviceNet. I'm trying to "stay digital" here as I have no analog outputs available and don't really want to add another module. I'd also have to add a module to go with BCD display.

I actually have two separate INT values I want to display, so a multi-line display would be fine as well.

I found a similar thread here, but it's pretty outdated and didn't contain much in the line of a solution for me.

I've considered so far an InView panel display, but the cost is too much. I've also considered PanelView Plus 400 and 600 models. Space isn't too much of an issue and the price is nice, but they look more "busy" than what I'd like (with the keypads and everything). I'm looking for the "clean and simple" look of a panel display meter.

Has anyone seen or used anything that might fit the bill? Thanks for your time!

John

I have seen a number of threads where someone is looking for a device like this. Here's another one:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=58299

Frankly I don't think anyone makes just a simple, industrial display with fieldbus comms. With HMIs getting as small and as cheap as they are, it's probably not considered a marketable product. If I'm wrong then I'd like to hear about it.

I would go for the Redlion meter over DNet

Not had any experience but i have used PAXD's with 485 from an FX Mitsi plc