dc drive controller

Gemfree, how can you reasonably expect us to answer your question with so little information.

Please send us motor nameplate data, your AC supply voltage and the drive data.

Then we stand a chance of helping you. Not before.

Hi Guys
Can any one assist me in setting up a D.C drive coz I tried one and the armature current was very unstable

Here are some hints. Set current limit to nameplate rating. Check for proper field voltage. Check proper polarity for the series field winding. Adjust accel and/or decel. Adjust IR Comp to lowest setting, increase until unstable, then reduce setting slightly. Check brushes and commutator for excess wear. Check for mechanical drag in the load and the motor. Check bearings for wear in the motor and load. Many other things could be the problem, these are the first things to check.

Last edited: