Why does Siemens make it complicated

I am glad this site is roaming with knowledgeable people willing to teach like that :)

After using Danfoss drives I had to setup a Siemens inverter using 'Drives ES' and had issues even installing the software from DVD

A Siemens area manager came over to see my issues and helped to get it to work. When i mentioned why does the software consume >1gb of my hard drive and the inverter have >1000 parameters i was told because they design products for 'Engineers'

BornWild > I have been trying to understand the starter software by siemens and I really couldnt understand . Are there any good advanced manuals and how to commission a cpu cu 320 with profinet interface and s120 drives . It is so confusing.

>>>

Correct me if I'm wrong . . .
But shouldn't the CPU (PLC?) be set up and programmed by something like Step-7 . . .
And then the S120 Drive(s) get set up with Starter?

Poet.

BornWild > I have been trying to understand the starter software by siemens and I really couldnt understand . Are there any good advanced manuals and how to commission a cpu cu 320 with profinet interface and s120 drives . It is so confusing.

>>>

Correct me if I'm wrong . . .
But shouldn't the CPU (PLC?) be set up and programmed by something like Step-7 . . .
And then the S120 Drive(s) get set up with Starter?

Poet.

Both would now be covered in one TIA project. An it's become a lot more simplified.

Why they carried on the byte swapping into TIA i don't know. It's a hangover from a real long time ago. Still, if you know it's there, no issue.

Software just depends on the system you are using and how it was originally programmed.

I hope for your sake its a TIA project as everything is more integrated into one system.

If its an older project than you will likely need starter for the drive, and S7 for the controller.