How to make Siemens PLC talk to AB MCC with DeviceNet?

richxie

Asking for a friend. His project has existing Siemens PLC. They are look for adding a MCC with DeviceNet and make it communicate with Siemens PLC. Can this concept work at all?

richxie said:
Asking for a friend. His project has existing Siemens PLC. They are look for adding a MCC with DeviceNet and make it communicate with Siemens PLC. Can this concept work at all?

In theory something like this may work

In Practice as well as Theory

The Pyramid Solutions "Bridgeway" units are my devices of choice for connecting DeviceNet-equipped MCCs (Rockwell as well as others) to Profibus DP and Modbus/TCP enabled DCS and PLC systems.

I just bought one for use with a GE Mark VIe controller, and I have used them with other DCS systems as well as Siemens controllers.

The byte sequencing can be a challenge when using S7 controllers (easier with TI 545) but the Bridgeway is a practical and reliable connection between Profibus DP and DeviceNet.