Urgent help !! ABB Drive fault

strikom

Dear experts,
I am facing an issue on an ABB Drive ACS550 which has started malfunctioning. The motor starts and stops immediately during when the equipment is put in operations mode. When i removed the drive (VFD)ACS550-01-038A-4 and connected it locally to a motor and put it into operations, the drive did not spin rather it moves with jerks and not in a continuous motion. The frequency of jerks only inrease with the increase in the frequency input from the drive to the motor.
Is there some sort of troubleshooting that i can do to bring back the drive to operations mode, some fuse that i can replace etc

Urgently require help
Kind regards,

Was the motor that you connected to locally, have the exact same specifications as the one in the field? If not did you adjust the motor parameters in the drive?

Your explanation of the operation indicates that this drive has been working in the past without problems. If this is true then I would suspect the output stages of the drive are misfiring. This is a stretch though. The ABB drive that you are referring to is a good drive and will indicate if it has a problem. What has changed since the drive was running correctly and now? Is there a chance that the set up has been modified? Torque boost is one that I have seen changed and caused problems.

does a factory reset and a V/Hertz simple program to test if it works fine could be a good idea to start with and then move forward according to a physical damage to repair or some special programming to accomodate a more complicated task with controlled feedback could be the problem...

The symptom you are describing is something I have seen when the Drive is placed in Sensorless Vector Control mode, but nobody has done an Auto-tune of the drive to the motor. This can happen on existing machinery when someone swaps out a motor, not realizing that this task must be performed again, even if the replacement motor is of the same make and model. The same thing will happen if the drive was reset to the factory defaults, and a new Auto-tune procedure was not performed again.

RTFM...

Switch the drive to scalar control (parameter 99.04) and see if it controls the motor properly. Do not change the macro in 99.02 or you will loose your custom setup.