Omron remote connection??????????

mordred

I am trying to establish a remote tcp/IP connection to a Omron HMI touchscreen model ns8-tvo1b-v1. We have the NS designer software. Which if I understand correctly we can use to establish a direct connect to our CJ1M cpu2 processor. We can ping the set IP address on the touchscreen so we know our lines are good. We also installed PC anywhere software on the remote computer with cx programmer and NS designer. However we cannot establish a connection using NS designer.
on the remote PC. Any suggestions would be appreciated. or any suggestions as to a better and more reliable method.

clarification

Thanks Jay for the link however I foolishly did not provide full details as to my problem. As far as the passthrough feature goes we have that already established. In so far as we can communicate to the PLC via the HMI through a crossover cable to a laptop. However we were only able to do this within 30 feet of the HMI module.
What we cannot get working is the NS designer software to communicate to the HMI through that same port. (no changes in any settings) through a gateway server located elsewhere in our plant.

IN from the server and HMI we have one 10/100 linksys autosense 4 port hub. a dataswitch with fibreoptic card a fibre optic line to another data switch to the server.

Line distance to the first hub is 150 feet. to the data switch 150 feet. (ethernet) 800 feet fiber optic. data switch to data switch.
30 feet to server. In theory this process should work as stated before we can ping the HMI through all these connections. As the settings were never changed it should act the same as the laptop at 30 feet.

Thanks Jay this will probably help now just to figure out how to enter both data switches. One a both sides of the fibre optic line.
(goes back to the manuals)

The default gateway will be the data switch closest to the PLC. The far data switch should already have a path to the first data switch.