SLC 50/3 Connecting to Local Network

jatkinson924

Does anyone have an suggestions on connecting a few SLC 5/03s to a local network? I've got a few Ethernet switches mounted in our ceiling for other PLCs we are using and would like to make the connections there.

The Rockwell way is to use a 1761-NET-ENI that connects the 5/03 serial port to the network. You can find them on Ebay for S250 - $400, but make sure they have an Ethernet port, as some listings for NET-DNI's call them NET-ENI's but are DH+ not Ethernet

I am sure there are other aftermarket devices others on the forum will know of.

You could do a network but I think I would do Paul's suggestion with the Digi. If you had a 485 network inplace then I would look at just bridging the network to a Ethernet network

Are the RS232 (DB9) open on the 5/03?

You could do a network but I think I would do Paul's suggestion with the Digi. If you had a 485 network inplace then I would look at just bridging the network to a Ethernet network

Are the RS232 (DB9) open on the 5/03?

No the HMI is connected thru the RS232 port. Would I need a Digi for each PLC? or daisy chain a DH485 network and have the Digi at the last PLC? The PLCs are around 60 ft of each other?

No the HMI is connected thru the RS232 port. Would I need a Digi for each PLC? or daisy chain a DH485 network and have the Digi at the last PLC? The PLCs are around 60 ft of each other?

You have a few options but none are great.... do you have a budget? you may want to think about changing them to 5/05's

Well at least their not asking a lot :)

I still think it maybe cheaper to buy some used 5/05's and changing out the CPU's

Are the 1500's a LSP or LRP processors

So on the 1500's you can change them for 1400's or use a 1761-NET-ENI or padees Prosoft (not sure of cost either) or OkiePC's Digi (525.00)

The LSP only has one port but your LRP has two so you can add the device to your unused port