Siemens S7 300 firmware

Stuwertz

Hi all

This time s the first time I’m handling Siemens plc . Not much knowledge about the Siemens firmware . In one of my machine having CPU 317F - 2 PN / DP v 3.1 . But now this cpu got failure . I have new cpu 317F 2 PN / DP V 3.2.3 .so How can I use this s cpu on the machine . In the machine the existing program cpu have 3.1 . But the new one have 3.2.3 . Can anybody help me .

Hi all

This time s the first time I’m handling Siemens plc . Not much knowledge about the Siemens firmware . In one of my machine having CPU 317F - 2 PN / DP v 3.1 . But now this cpu got failure . I have new cpu 317F 2 PN / DP V 3.2.3 .so How can I use this s cpu on the machine . In the machine the existing program cpu have 3.1 . But the new one have 3.2.3 . Can anybody help me .

You should be able to simply download the old project into the new CPU, without any changes. Siemens PLCs are generally pretty forgiving on backwards compatibility.

You might even be able to take the MMC out of the old CPU and put it straight in the new one, skipping the download altogether.

If you have the latest project, you can simply go to HW config, look for the CPU and replace it with the new firmware CPU, compile and download the new configuration.
But as it was said before, you can just insert the MMC into your new CPU.

Hi thanks to all your support . As I said I just remove the MMC card from old cpu and inserted into the new one . It’s ok .

For my knowledge I have the latest project in that HW configuration if I can able to select cpu 3.2 only . it will be ok for the 3.2.3 cpu .

Hi thanks to all your support . As I said I just remove the MMC card from old cpu and inserted into the new one . It’s ok .

For my knowledge I have the latest project in that HW configuration if I can able to select cpu 3.2 only . it will be ok for the 3.2.3 cpu .

It should be fine. I don't think they include the 3rd digit in the dropdown, usually. Those very minor revs are usually just bug fixes or security improvements for the built in web page.

It is so irriating that you get the message that the firmware is different, even when it is just 3.2 vs 3.2.2.

The backwards compatibility is pretty solid for S7 "classic".
I have programs made for decade-old 2EG10 (firmware v2.3) that runs no problem in 2EH14 (firmware v3.2).