AB PanelView

G
AB Panelview experts your Help very much needed

Our requirement is for AB panelview terminal PV 1400, color, touch screen, with RIO communication. Cat no.: 2711-T14C1.

I sent the enquiry for 2711-T14C1.But our supplier quoted us cat no.: 2711-T14C10 but in the decription he mentioned PV 1400 with RIO communicatoin.

So we did not also correctly note the part no. as we read the description and we placed the order as per his quote for 2711-T14C10 instead of 2711-T14C1.

supplier delivered the material to us and when i saw it is a Panelview 1400 with Devicenet communication.

Supplier strongly said he delivered material as per our order. So he is not willing to give me the RIO unit.

I donot have any Devicenet scanner or i donot have any experience on it. Our system is PLC5.

Now is there a way to change the communication card of PV alone from devicenet to RIO.

Please help me.

Many thanks

In most cases dealing with items like these they are bought on credit for 20 to 30 days minimum. If the item is the wrong one and doesnt fit the system you have then you should be able to exchange it no questions asked, if necessary call Allen Bradley or their representative direct. Items being ordered improperly (by either party) is nothing unusual, repack the item as it was shipped and talk again to distributor let him know in uncertain terms that this is not what you can use and you must exchange it, your company should owe on that item and can refuse to pay until you are satisfied with the item.

Lot of times distributor salespeople dont want to deal with returns/exchanges (no commission) so go higher up the ladder to get resolution on this matter.

I imagine some people will disagree with this but when purchasing high dollar items to use on industrial equipment you can not afford to use something that isnt what you need.

From a product perspective, the unfortunate fact is that the PanelViews don't have field-replaceable communication daughtercards.

In the absolute worst case you could send the terminal through the repair service and have them change the communications module, because they have the tools to correctly change out the firmware and hardware elements that run the communications card.

I agree that your distributor should exchange the terminal. If your salesman won't do it, talk to his boss. It will cost them a restock fee (which is why they're resisting) but they need to do it.

Sounds like you need to replace your supplier, as well as the panelview. It's no skin off his nose, except maybe shipping to replace the darn thing.

AB Panel view

Problem is our payment term are 100% advance along with PO. So we donot have anything to hold them. Also this is the first time we are dealing with them so we payed them in advance as per their request.

I donot know how much it is going to cost if i send the unit for repair center to change the communication card as our supplier has strongly rejected his involvement.So he is not going to give me a replacement/exchange.

Also our company people have put the blame on me as i did not clearly check for the cat no. So now i have to solve it to use the unit. SO i would look for an option which would solve my problem but at a lowest price.

So i badly need your help.

Many thanks

Here is the deal.
Since you made the deal you must deal with it.
Let the dealer know you WILL NEVER DEAL with them again
under any circumstances, and abide by that decision even if it means using another brand plc/components

Contact another distributor if you can or AB directly to resolve the problem with the PV, I actually believe that AB will be willing to make amends but it may cost you the repair/exchange price. In reality I doubt it will cost you anything more than shipping.

Many will say alot of bad things about AB but they are willing to assist you when needed and do not want to see you with items that will not work within your application.

Contact AB direct or at least their representative in your area. He/she may be able to do what you havent. That distributor will give you the local AB name/phone number

Allen-Bradley

If possible don't deal with this guy anymore or call Allen-Bradley and voice your displeasure with this vendor. A-B people are good people.

You need to order a 1771-SDN module. This module will slip right into a PLC-5 rack (chassis) and give you the ability to communicate with Device-Net. For those that would slam you, pretend it was your intentions all along to expand your system to include Device-Net products. (Which is in reality a good move.)

Good luck
If I can assist in the future; [email protected]

Many thanks for all your feedbacks.
I will let you know after sometime on how i solved this problem.

Many thanks again

We had a little problem with our local supplier. After numerous attempts to resolve these locally we contacted Rockwell/AB and requested another supplier. The response afterward was amazing. Our little problem was resolved to our satisfaction within a few days. Afterward we discovered one CEO had called another and did some real reaming. In our case we had ordered one part, received another, and were told we made the mistake. Our copy of the purchase req proved otherwise. Don't hesitate to take your problem up the food chain, it worked for us.

Problem solved

Thanks all.

Finally our supplier agreed to take back the units( I donot know what happened) They agree its their mistake.I never expected that from them. we were asked to share the transport fee and thats all.

I am a happy man today.

many thanks again.