OT: Kids and Electronics

zmanvortex

Hi all. I just couldn't resist sharing this.

I just signed up for classes to finish my associates degree in electronics technology.

I told my 6 year old son that I would be getting homework to bring home just like him. He didn't believe me and wanted to see my homework. I showed him my 350 page electronics textbook as proof.

On the cover of the textbook was a large light bulb. He pondered at it for a couple of seconds and looked at the thickness of it.

After pondering for a while he says "Dad, you have to read all of this just to learn how to change a light bulb?"

Needless to say I was rolling on the ground.

Have a good day all.

You know, I thumbed through the book, looked at the contents, and went through the index. No where does it state how many persons it takes to change a light bulb?

Maybe I will ask my son tonight.

It takes 6 Red Necks to change a light bulb.

One to hold it,

4 to turn the bucket he is standing on,

and 1 to sit back drinking some shine and tell them "they's a doin' it all wrong".

How many engineers to change a lightbulb?

Just one.

Dividing his time between lightbulb strategy meetings, cost/return ratio paperwork, capital requests, assisting maintenance in changing lightbulbs in other work areas, sitting in on the lightbulb safety committee (ladder or bucket?), according to the Gant chart, he should be able to complete it the project in first quarter 2007.

TM

TimothyMoulder said:
How many engineers to change a lightbulb?

Just one.

Dividing his time between lightbulb strategy meetings, cost/return ratio paperwork, capital requests, assisting maintenance in changing lightbulbs in other work areas, sitting in on the lightbulb safety committee (ladder or bucket?), according to the Gant chart, he should be able to complete it the project in first quarter 2007.

TM

BWA HA HA HA! So true!

David

After I was finished rolling on the ground (and getting a strange look from my son) he went on to say:

"Geez dad, you don't have to read all of that. I already know how to change a light bulb and I can show you."

In the spirit of zmanvortex's post about his kid, here is one of my favorites.

My wife sends me to the store to pickup some items. My youngest son who was 6 years old at the time (some 11 years ago), hops in the truck with me to take a ride. We come to a red light and while waiting for the light to turn green he said:

"Dad, when I grow up, I want to work on and island".

I say to him "Really?, which island son, Hawaii?".

My son says "No, see that guy in the middle of the street selling oranges, that's what I want to do!".

Of course he pointed to a guy in the center island of the intersection who was selling fruit!

Regards,
Chris

So how many psychiatrists/therapists/shrinks does it take to change a light-bulb?

Just one.

But the light-bulb has got to want to change.

When my son was about 3 we were on a long trip from somewhere on our way back home. We had been in the truck for a good hour or so and my son looks over at me says "daddy, I gotta pee".

I said "Son, we'll be home in a few minutes, just hold it".

A few minutes pass and I forget all about it, after a while I look over and find my son, who has unzipped his pants and is quite literally "holding it".

Needless to say, I laughed all the way home.

patriot said:
A few minutes pass and I forget all about it, after a while I look over and find my son, who has unzipped his pants and is quite literally "holding it".
Your kid does something like this, everyone thinks it's cute. But if someone our age does it, we're considered sicko's... Just another classic example of age discrimination in today's society.

My daughters two and a few months, last weeks she was round her grandparents, she draws with Crayons and knows to only draw on her paper pad.

Grandad thought it would be cute to get her to stand against the wall in the lounge and mark on the wall with a pencil her height so she could see it.

Well you guessed it, 20 minutes later she was left in the lounge for a few minutes and was so proud to have measured herself in the lounge wall with ALL HER CRAYONS..........

It now looks a bit like modern art on one wall about 2ft high!!!

I must admit my mum nearly fainted! Grandad is still in the dog house!