Allen Bradley IMC S/234 Connectors

ajax

Hi
I would like to find out what type of connectors are used for the IMC S class servo controller. I am replacing a IMC controller with a ControlLogix 1794-M02AE servo module, and need to make an extension umbilical cable between the exisiting IMC and the M02AE connector. The connectors are for the axis servo and feedback connectors, and the axis I/O connectors.

The connectors are 12-way (2 rows of 6 pins), approx 27 mm by 10 mm. Approx 2.5 mm between pins. Unfortunately there is no manufacturer name or part number on the connectors.
I've searched the Rockwell literature without success - I know that pre-wired cables are 4100-CCA15F and 4100-CCAQB, but these cables have the wrong *** connector.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

I don't know the specific type of connectors used on this controller but your "Approx 2.5 mm between pins" gives a possible clue. That is probably one of highly popular "0.1 inch pitch" connectors (0.1 inch = 2.54 mm). If you search Google for "0.100" pitch connectors" or something like that you might be able to see something that can help. Just a guess.

ajax said:
Hi
I would like to find out what type of connectors are used for the IMC S class servo controller. I am replacing a IMC controller with a ControlLogix 1794-M02AE servo module, and need to make an extension umbilical cable between the exisiting IMC and the M02AE connector. The connectors are for the axis servo and feedback connectors, and the axis I/O connectors.

The connectors are 12-way (2 rows of 6 pins), approx 27 mm by 10 mm. Approx 2.5 mm between pins. Unfortunately there is no manufacturer name or part number on the connectors.
I've searched the Rockwell literature without success - I know that pre-wired cables are 4100-CCA15F and 4100-CCAQB, but these cables have the wrong *** connector.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
As I recall, the IMC S-class used a variety of connectors, but most were "Molex".

You should be wiring between the MO2AE and the drives, not the IMC. What brand/model of drives are you working with?

Is there a Christchurch in Niger?

I believe that Rockwell sells a connector kit that will let you build the extension cable you mention. I know they have one for the 1394, (with a 1394 part number prefix I believe). I may be mistaken, but I think that the axis connector for the S-Class is the same as the 1394...It has been a while since I worked with these.

If nothing else, you can cut off the axis connector to the IMC, and extend the wires to the 1756 module the old-fashioned way---solder and heat shrink tubing.

Opps, typo - that should have been 4.5 mm between pins.

The main reason for wanting opposite *** connectors (rather than cutting off existing connections and soldering extensions on) is that I need to maintain backwards compatibility. My customer has a PLC5 system which we are converting to ControlLogix, and he needs to operate 24/7. We only get a day or two to test the CLx system before he has to get going with the old PLC system.