Siemens S7 PLC<->PLC communication

tomekw

Hello,

I have a question about communication of 2 Siemens S7 PLCs.
Until now I've been using GET (SFB14) function to transfer data block from another PLC. Now the block is too large and it's not possible to exchange data using this function (well - it is, but it's not an easy, robust and elegant solution to make this in few steps).
Transferring a data block seems to be a relatively simple task but I cannot find any simple way to do it. I've found something about A_SEND/RECV functions but the way of using them is unclear for me (I couldn't find any good example, or detailed description if they really can transfer more data).

Question is - what function could be used instead of GET that would allow me to transfer data block from another S7 PLC (and preferably does it in similar, simple way)?
If it's possible (and it will not be a problem...) please include a short, simple and working example of use (that transfers single data block, of the same size etc, from one PLC to another, prefered way - similar to GET, so rather getting data from another PLC, than writing to it - reading is safer and easier to debug than writing to a remote db...).
It's hard to find such things (simple examples of code - they explains more than most techdocs...) in the network - maybe you know useful links that might help?

Thanx in advance for any help.

Tom

Additional info - S7-400 CPU416-2

I forgot to write precise - PLCs are both S7-400:
CPU 416-2 with CP 443-1.
Transferring data is through ethernet (IP) network (and S7-Connection between PLCs - but this can be changed, if necessary...).

Hi

You can use FC5 and FC6 ( you can find these in the libraries )
one is a send and the other one a receive. To use these you need to make a connection in both PLC's using netpro.

Have a look at this link
and also at this link

sometimes there is no french text and you get it in german , maybe easier to then go to the english version

J'espere qui vous trouves une solution

Eric

Last edited: