HMI Button Question (Safety)

pmolive

Hi All,

Have question. We currently have a machine that requires the opertor to push an HMI button and hold his finger on it to raise and lower two large heated press rolls. I'm assuming the reason for having to hold your finger on the raise and lower button if for safety to allow the operator to stop the lower and raise action if his finger is removed. With that said I'm being tasked with changing the action to a one button operation.There are two sets of the rolls on to different levels. Roll set on the first floor and a set on the second floor, They want one button that will automaticly raise and lower both sets at the same time. Im pushing back on these changes and looking for some ammo to go to the requestors with. Is there any standard or documentation for the button that must be held in for operation?