Texas Instrument Plc / Proface Hmi

I'm in touch with a potential customer which uses a TI 405 serie
CPU 425. He wants to buy a PROFACE panel to us but he don't know which
protocol is available on this CPU same for me after searching on internet.
Could you help me and give me the protocols available on this TI CPU.

Thanks in advance

I believe that TI 405 was originally a rebadged Koyo (or PLC Direct).

The TI brand is now under the Siemens umbrella, but only supported from the 505 series.

On this webpage you can see the possible PLC connections for a proface.

TI is not listed at all.
At Koyo/PLC Direct, only the CPUs D4-430 and D4-440 are listed.
At Siemens, only the series 505 is listed.
You seem to be out of luck.

But I would check with proface directly, they know best.

Thank you

I've checked with PROFACE France my supplier but no similar
application in the past with this TI CPU so ?????

I can't ask to Siemens people because we have some particular
relationship (we're VIPA distributors)

Best regards

The serial protocol for the TI Series 300, 400, and 500 PLCs was called Hostlink, and could be set up as either Master/Slave or Peer-to-Peer.

Don't take this as a fact without verifying it, but I think TI Hostlink is the same protocol as GE's CCM which was used for the Series One, Series Three, Series Five, and Series Six.

If Proface has connectivity with those old GE models, then you might be able to use the same driver for the TI 425 CPU. Note that it is not the same protocol as is used with the current GE Series 90 or VersaMax PLCs.