CompactLogix as a Modbus slave AND master?

I have a CompactLogix L23E as a modbus slave being polled by another device (who is the master). However, now I need the L23E to read in values from other slaves. The current master doesn't have the ability to write.

I'm using the sample ModbusSlave.ACD file that came with RSLogix 5000 as my starting point. It doesn't look like I can cram the ModbusMaster into there, without potentially destroying the Slave, not to mention what it will do to the modbus network.

What are your suggestions for having the L23E act as a slave AND as a master, with another master on the network polling away. Sounds impossible to me. Am I correct?

Similar Topics

Hey guys, A couple of quick questions but first a layout of what I'm working with. Compactlogix 1769-L37erm controller. The current system we...
Replies
Views
Going to preface this by saying I am a complete modbus newbie, so apologies if my terminology is off... We have a Prosoft PLX31-EIP-MBTCP modbus...
Replies
Views
Client's Customer has an L64 v20 with MCI56-MCM Modbus in 2 slots. Client has an 1769-L16ER-BB1B v20 that needs to communicate with the L64 via...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Ive got an AB 1769-L33ER (i read its modbus compatible) and im looking to communicate with a Chinese multi controller via Modbus. Ive...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I need help to sort out some issue i am facing , i wanted to read the data from the device that has modbus communication protocol . and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom