reset a CTU counter

batindeko

Hi all, I'm newbie here to plctalk!

I writing a PLC programm in ladder where I put an output bit to zero during 9s and the same output bit to one during 1s. In the same time I count every pulse until 50 after that value the counter should be reset and stops to count. In my case this never happen in the next scan the counter keeps counting. I don't know how fix this issue or may be there another to do this.
find attach a picture of my ladder programm
thank for every contribution

Olivier

Welcome to the Forum

In order to receive a good response to your question, you will need to provide more information about the programming platform you are using. RSLogix, Siemens, Mitsubishi. ect.

Good luck!!

In the CTU line, try to put a "Not Done" as a pre-requisite of the counter.

CTU.DN Latch_M Counter_Block
---|/|------|/|------------------|CTU|--|

CTU.DN Latch_M
---| |---------------------------(L)--|

CTU.DN
--| |-------------------|MOV 0 -> CTU.Acc|--|

Have you tried something like this?

**This will make stop counting**

Then You can Latch a memory, and block the line, at the same time that you reset the counter.

Last edited:
In the CTU line, try to put a "Not Done" as a pre-requisite of the counter.

CTU.DN Latch_M Counter_Block
---|/|------|/|------------------|CTU|--|

CTU.DN Latch_M
---| |---------------------------(L)--|

CTU.DN
--| |-------------------|MOV 0 -> CTU.Acc|--|

Have you tried something like this?

**This will make stop counting**

Then You can Latch a memory, and block the line, at the same time that you reset the counter.
what do you mean here by latch your memory? I do not really understand which memory

SET / Reset memory

Usually ---(S) / ---(R)

But in the Logix 5000 it is "(L)" and "(U)".

(L) = When Latched, stays in state "1" until it receives a "(U)" Unlatch