MOV vs COP vs CPS for Studio5000

From a hopefully more reliable Rockwell source...

40596 - Format Conversion Differences Between the COP and MOV Instructions in RSLogix 5000
Access Level: TechConnect

Unfortunately it's TechConnect level but I do hope you can read it, GaryS?

If not, then I would also advocate the "try it for yourself" advice. Even with daba's detailed and accurate corrections and ASF's very precise and concise examples; you may very well not realize that Eureka moment until you witness it for yourself.

Regards,
George

I've used CPS instructions for things like data collection when you need to copy a set of several arrays that are changing frequently (<100ms), but usually, COP is more than fast enough.

Daba and company have outlined the differences between MOV and COP instructions correctly.