Writing Omron program to EPROM

Phillip1955

Hi all, I have an old Omron CQM1 CPU11 and would like to write a program and store it in a memory cassette. I have a CQM1-MP08K memory cassette and an EPROM programmer but I have a couple questions:

1 - What format is the program stored in UM?
2 - Can CX-One save a program in a format that can be written directly to EPROM?

If anyone is familiar with this process and knows of any pitfalls I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

I answered my own question by poking around in CX-One. Under the Tools menu the PROM Writer selection opens a dialogue box to save the current program into an Intel Hex file, where it can be saved or written to a PROM.

The only catch I see is that the smallest size available is 16K, and my chip is an 8K.

Does anyone know if a 16K chip can be inserted into a MP08K cassette, or will the 16K setting write to an 8K chip?

If I figure this out before someone replies I'll post it here.