WinCC/WebUX

userxyz

Hello,

At a customer WinCC 7.3 is used and around 30 web navigator cliënts are in use. Because of Windows 10 we need to upgrade to WinCC 7.4. So all web navigators have to be upgraded as well. I've seen that WinCC also has some option called WebUX. Could this replace the web navigator ? Anyone experiences with this ? Or is this custom webpages to build ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Gerry

Last edited:
Gerry,

I'm not sure about the WebUX, because I haven't used it.

However we are using WinCC v7.4 with Windows 10, and Windows have just done a security update, and now the web navigator doesn't work, because of the Windows update.

Our IT guys have had to remove the latest Windows update on all the PC's that use the web navigator.

We have contacted Siemens, and they have no time set for a WinCC update to allow this Windows update.

I hope all of that makes sense.

Cheers

Mark

WebUX doesn't 100% replace web navigator, but it goes towards a similar goal. Web Navigator has like 99% of the functionality of a full WinCC Client, but does it in ActiveX, which means it needs Windows and IE. WebUX does it all in HTML5, which means it can run on any browser and any system. The downside is that it only does certain objects. It covers the majority of functionality, but not everything is possible.

You don't need to do any customer web page work, I think it's pretty much all handled by right click type options.

Hello,

At a customer WinCC 7.3 is used and around 30 web navigator cliënts are in use. Because of Windows 10 we need to upgrade to WinCC 7.4. So all web navigators have to be upgraded as well. I've seen that WinCC also has some option called WebUX. Could this replace the web navigator ? Anyone experiences with this ? Or is this custom webpages to build ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Gerry

I'm using Windows 10 X64 also but only for the webnavigator.
You can install it on Windows 10 by browsing to your webserver in Internet Explorer. Make sure the option Active X is on.
Then you can download the installer from the webserver and install it on Windows 10.
I'm running WinCC 7.3 Update 16 now on Windows 10 X64.

I tried to install it from the WinCC Setup, but this shows the error that it is not support for Windows 10.
Maybe this is enough for your to update only the Windows 10 PC's that using the webnavigator client.