AB CCW: Downloaded UDFB has password??

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to use a 2080-MOT-HSC (high-speed counter) in a AB Micro850. I downloaded the UDFBs, and imported the function block that would suit my purpose.

As you see in the attached picture, that function block is locked, and I'm prompted to enter a password. ....what the heck! There is something wrong here. I can't import any of the UDFBs without them being protected. Surely someone else has experienced this and can help me figure out what's wrong.

Brian

IMG_20150119_145754365.jpg

It's been a long time since I encountered this, and I don't use CCW much. But I believe those are established function blocks, and you're only working with the variables that are assigned to the block. You don't need a password.