Rs232 rs485 to ethernet

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been using 1761 NET-ENI on my old SLC systems (1747-L532E) Does anyone recommend anything different, Besides changing the processors to 505's, I am using the NET-ENI to connect to a PV+ through a Linksys EZXS55W Switch. Now I am networking them to a Linksys SR216 in my office. The 1761 NET-ENI is pricy and I have not read any good reviews on this forum about it. The ones I have are working (3) but I would like to expand the network to the smaller machines Thanks

I have only used the NET-ENI in 2 locations and had good results with them so I cant say they are junk but given what I have read about their limitations I would go with the IAP in the future.

If you are really looking to change to 505 processors I would consider upgrading to a CompactLogix. There is more cost and time involved with the conversion as you have to convert or rewrite the program. The cool thing is once it is done you have a lot more flexibility and power for future additions.

Thanks...On the Digi One IAP
What software is needed if any to set these up to communicate with AB

I've never used this specific device yet but with other Digi devices that I have used, just their software for configuration and you're done.
HTH

Edit: Maybe I have used this device but can't remember the PN but it was a serial to Ethernet conversions for a phone alarm dialer.

Free. The DVD comes with the device with the software or I "assume" you could download it from their website.

Is this a free soft ware or something I buy from digi

the device has a built in webserver to configure it with. digi has a utility that you can download to locate these devices on a network called digi device discovery.

Thanks, I will pick one up and give it a try. I have downloaded the utility from their site.

Adam from Advantech just work - brilliant. By the way I see Advantech have purchased BB Electronics.