Quick designer problem with new HMI

TheVo

Hi everyone

My company using the old proface HMI as P/N GP 577R-TC41-24VP and the program was programmed with Quick designer. Now, I bought a new HMI. I cannot download program to the new MHI. I tried using ProPBwin to open the program but cannot.
Could anyone help me how to fix this program

Thanks

Hi everyone

My company using the old proface HMI as P/N GP 577R-TC41-24VP and the program was programmed with Quick designer. Now, I bought a new HMI. I cannot download program to the new MHI. I tried using ProPBwin to open the program but cannot.
Could anyone help me how to fix this program

Thanks
Hi TheVo,

I am not familiar with the GP-Pro software but I have a lot of experience with the TCP QuickDesigner software and the QuickPanel (QP).

Unless the GP-Pro software has some way to "import" the QuickDesigner/QP .PRJ file then you will probably have to use QuickDesigner to open the file and reload the panel.

Several companies have sold the TCP QuickPanel with their own badge on it, including ProFace, but it is still basically a QP and TCP is now owned by GE Fanuc. There have even been some problems with opening some older version projects with the new QD software so be ready for potential problems. ProFace are still selling the QD software so maybe they never included an import function in GP-Pro. I know that GE have included an import feature for QP projects into their "Proficy View" software. The best way is for you to try to get the QD software and the latest version is 3.7.

I hope this helps.

Dear GaryG,

Thank you for your reply. I using QD version 3.7 but I still cannot download program. I the Prowin, I do not see anywhere to import PRJ file.

BR
Phung

Have you changed the model in Project settings?

You're only choice is to use Quick Designer 3.7 as the program cannot be imported into ProDesigner.

Have you changed the model number setting in the QD3.7 project settings? the new model type will probably be "QUICKPANEL 10.5 TFT Color(QPICxDExxxx)"

What warnings are shown in QuickCourier when you try to download?

Which service pack are you using for QD3.7?

My QD is 3.7 Special 3

Yes, I choose the type is QPICxDExxx but I cannot download.
I do not remember the warnings

I have 2 new proface HMI
1. GP2500-TC41-24V
2. GP2500-SC41-24V
The first HMI is OK for download but the second is no.

Do you have any other experience about the difference firmware between two HMI

BR

The TC41 is a TFT screen capable of 64 or 256 colors and the SC41 is a STN screen capable of only 64 colors. Other than the screen there should be no difference between the two.

1.Does the panel show the factory default setup screen when you power it on? (has Japanese and English text shown and a button to enter into Ethernet Setup)
2.Does QD actually try to download for some time and fail or does it not even start the download?
3.When you try the download what is displayed on the panel?
4.Have you tried to download via Ethernet?
5.Do you have the users manual for the panel as there should be information in there to help with setup and communication issues. I see that ProFace require you to register to get a copy but you can find the GE Fanuc manual GFK-2075 at www.geindustrial.com/support/documents/gfk2075.pdf.

I have had problems before with downloading via the tool interface and now much prefer the Ethernet download, plus it is much faster. I also recommend that you check the box for "Update display device executable" when performing the download. You may even try manually changing the Autobaud setting found in the "courier.ini" file. Try setting to 38400 or 115000, but only newer models will work at 115K.

BR.

i ran across this post looking for info on quick designer software..may be you guys can help me out with this one..
We have 2 old systems that have Quickpanels(QPI2D100E2P) on them but the company that programmed them has been sold to someone and no longer in business. These are the only such HMI that we have and we were trying to get documentation on the program.
What we have is an older document which looks like a report for the graphics and tags etc. but not for the one upgraded at later stage.
I have been able to get the .prj files for the same but need the documentation so that i can rebuild them using PanelView which we use across the plant.

So my question is if any of you has the software for it can it be possible that you can run the report for me and send it to me if i send you the .prj file??
Or else i will have no option but to buy the software for just this purpose.

I will appreciate any help

I can do that. I PM'ed you with my email address.

I think you can also download the software off the GE or Proface websites and get a 4-day trial.

Keith

You should be able to do the report with just the demo version of the software. I suggest that you post the "prj" file on the forum but in a new post, you just may get "lucky".

Keith
I just sent you the files from yahoo id

I tried to search for the demo but have not been
been able to find the demo software..

For those interested, take a look here for the software:

http://www.profaceamerica.com/cgi-bin/search/site_search.pl

Please note, I didn't try to download it. Also, QD was not intended for Windows XP and above. They stopped development with Win2K. However, I have it currently running on two XP machines without a problem. but your mileage may vary.

Keith

PS: you need to enter QuickDesigner in the search box in the upper right hand corner. the link I posted was just to get you to the search page.