Faunc Robot PNS UOP Question

Nan

Hi everyone,

I am new to Fanuc robot, the robot I am working on has 30ib controller.

I am using PNS and UOP metod.

I have the controller in Auto, tech pendant is off, reset, not alarm.

The controller is set up to talk to AB compact Logix plc,

UI 1 IMSTP
UI 2 HOLD
UI 3 SFSPD
UI 8 ENABLE

UO 2 SYSTEM READY
UO 7 AT PERCH

The above inputs and outputs are on at the point.

At this point, how do I start the program? UI 6? I looked the PLC program we had before, it looks like we never use UI 6 START to initiate the program.

In the PLC, I am waiting for the UO 1 (cmd enabled) to copy number to PNS
then UI 18 PNS STROBE THEN UI 18 Prod start if SNO and SNACK are ok.

The issue is I never have the UO 1 (cmd enabled) from the robot, controller is not in the step mode.

Does anyone have some idea?

Thank you very much!

As far as I remember (the only Fanuc robot I use is in California, and my company won't even let me travel there right now!), and based on some limited reading just now, UI18 (PROD START) will start the program from a stop. Or you can set it for local start - this is what I do with the Fanuc I use, and after that the program just loops endlessly, with a bit of handshaking (a UO when the cycle is complete, and a wait for a UI before starting the next cycle) to keep everything timed.

From what I've read (which admittedly isn't much) you can set up UI6 to do this as well, but UI18 is the normal way to do it.

Going off memory here. Since you are using pns method your program must be named PNSxxxx with the xxxx being a number. You must select the program (pns number) with user inputs ( I can't remember which one's, but I believe there is 5 or 6 inputs and you will select in binary form) . After selecting the program strobe (ui17?), wait for snack confirm and then give it a production start signal (ui18)

I'm at work now and looking at what I've done on a program in the past. Basically what I told you is correct except I did not turn on UI18 (production start), instead I turned on UI6 (Start). Besides that it looks like UI1-3 and UI 8 must be on and UI4 must be off to start running. UI9-16 is binary select.

Of course I see you say you never see UO1 which of course won't let you start anything. The only thing I'd suggest since you made sure you're not in step mode and the other UI inputs that must be on are on is to make sure you mapped your UI inputs in correctly. My project was using CC Link and I originally mapped in the UI to the next available CC link which caused issues because some of the UI's would be a range (UI9-16) so basically I overwrote the same bit with multiple conditions. Not sure if it's easy to do the same with Ethernet/IP.

Thank you very much! I am pretty sure the ethernet IP connection is good.

I did some research shows that the UO1 ENABLE CMD is turned when internal condition and external conditions are met, also not in step mode.

I am just wondering if UO1 turned on bofore or after you use UI 6 to start the PNS Program.

Thank you

UO1 should be on before anything else as long as your other input conditions are ok. I'm fairly new to Fanuc as well so not sure how much I can help, but I did hook up to the machine a little bit ago and saw that if either UI1, UI3, UI8 were low it drops UO1. The other items I know to look for is the key switch on the controller should be set to auto, the teach pendant switch should be switched to off, no faults should be present.