Starter ethernet connection problem siemens S120 control unit

chandrapaul

Hello,
I have connected ethernet cable with my laptop and the s120 control unit. setup my laptop ip 169.254.11.1 and subnet mast 255.255.0.0 , selected access point S7online (step7), pg/pc realtek pcle gbe family controller tcpip auto 1 (active). then trying to find access nodes. but its showing no device found. please check all the attached images.

i am new with this software. please help me someone.

Thanks

control unit.jpeg IP.jpeg pgpc.jpeg access point.jpeg software version.jpeg

Those are Profibus CU320's - I would connect using Profibus or possibly via the CPU's ethernet port if it has one.

I connected directly to the CU ethernet port.

Yes, I can see from your picture you are connected to X127

I suggested you connect either via profibus or the Ethernet connection on the plc if there is one.

As there are no connections on the X127 ports the implication is that they are not being used.

LD
Hes just trying to connect using Starter.
X127 using his pc and Ethernet should work easily

What are your thoughts ?

I've never used the X127 connection - I've always connected via the plc. The OP should refer to the starter project for his system as a start point.

s120.jpg

Yes, I can see from your picture you are connected to X127

I suggested you connect either via profibus or the Ethernet connection on the plc if there is one.

As there are no connections on the X127 ports the implication is that they are not being used.

Is there any other progamming cable that is can use to communicate? With g120 I use USB cable. That works very well.

See post 3
In IP address of sought node
Put 169.254.11.22

Also turn off virus protection temporarily

Also, try another laptop?