memory latch with a timer

redmanrh

R
I don't no why I'm having a problem with this, I wrote a program to run a not timer with a foot pedel and I can't seem to latch it in so you can take your foot off of the foot pedel.
I have the fenuc series one with a hand programer.

Sounds simple enough. Foot pedal sets a latch. Contact from the latch enables the timer. Timer done resets the latch. NO Contact from latch in series with NC contact of timer will be true while timer is timing.

Show us what you've done so far.

I'm not understanding. Is the timing to begin after the footswitch is released or after it is pressed or does actuating the footswitch set a latch to hold the timer true which then goes false (the latch, that is) upon another actuation of the footswitch, thus allowing the timer to time out?

I'm not the best a explaining things.
I have a select switch for the program, then you step on the momentery foot switch to start the program running, which close's the contacts for solinod air valve for 10 seconds, know if I take my foot off of the foot pedel the timer will stop timing and the contacts for the valves will open up. Their is more to the program but this is the area that I can't seem to get.
I tried using a set and reset command and that didn't work.
I thougt a or command would work, but it didn't work either.
The command's I'm using is for the Fenuc hand held programer.

OK, I'm not too familiar with the pnuemonic type programming (I use RSLogix mostly) but, it looks like the timer is actually an ON delay timer. Is that the only type available in your processor?

I'm a bit confused too, but I think I get the gist of what you have so far...

|---] [---+----------( TIMER )
| |
| | TIMER
| +---]/[-----( 15 )

Yes?

This will turn on the valve when the foot switch is pressed (and held). The valve will turn off after 10 seconds. Releasing and repressing the foot switch will repeat this cycle.

Now, what do you WANT it to do?????

beerchug

-Eric

str 0
tmr 603
C 10
and not tmr 603
out 15

when using an off delay timer isnt the mnemonic for that OF or %OF?
I get confused sometimes on the different GE models floating around...which one was this? I think there are some minor variations with the legacy products compared to newer models.

Anyway the ge fanucs I am familiar with the off timer is in series with the output. NOTE I AM GUESSING, maybe it should be more like this

str o
and C10 (this one I dont know)
of 603
out 15

Hopefully someone can clear this up....if I could find those darn manuals

You got it, that's what I have at this time, now what I'm trying to do is to latch 0 in the PLC.

FORGET OFF-DELAY TIMERS!!!

OK, I re-read your post and I think I know what you want to do...

If TMR 603 is indeed an off-delay timer, then your logic won't give power to the valve unless the foot switch is pressed. Try this:

|---] [--------------( TIMER )
|
| TIMER
|---] [---------------( 15 )

Entered as:
str 0
tmr 603
C 10
str tmr 603
out 15

Life will be easier if you ignore the fact that off-delay timers even exist! Just use on-delay timers... (n)

Without getting into the "Don't use outputs as internal bits" stuff, you could latch the output by doing this:

|---] [---+----------( TIMER )
| |
| 15 | TIMER
|---] [---+---]/[-----( 15 )

Using your example, this might(?) be entered as:

str 0
or 15
tmr ### (on-delay timer)
C 10
and not tmr ###
out 15

beerchug

-Eric

I want to take my foot off the foot pedal after I step on it and still have the timer finish it's cycle.

Thank You Eric

I don't have that much experience, I would have never have tried {OR 15}. It work.
Thank You
Again
Red