Mitsubishi program transfer issue

jdkasper

I had a bit of a panic attack after editing a program and attempting to load it. After transferring the program, the machine would not run. It had some function but acted as if part of the program was missing. I used FX/GPWIN to edit the program and transfer it and would get a file mismatch error. I dug out trusty ole Medoc and tried again. If I sent the program three times it would verify on the third try. The PLC is an FX-80. Does this sound like an eeprom problem or communication issue?

may I say ..some little idia

Dear jdkasper

Do you check your program already or not?
(If you have Gx-develloper ..yes you can do without hardware)
How about the communication between PLC and computer? check serial port
How about swith Run ?,if you have transfer program successfully.
How about your's wiring? If program correct and led output turn on correctly..need to check ..wiring at the I/O .
Also,you can check before installation with real machine..
with simulation switch & PLC (check output signal)
If you are would not mind ..you can post the condition of this machine to this forum..
I will try to help you.

:D

Last edited:
This is not a machine I built. It is running fine now but I had to transfer the program three times to get a clean verify. This was a simple edit to add a continuous cycle counter to the E200 HMI attached to the plc. I did the same thing to two other similar machines with the same hardware and had no problems. This seems to be isolated to this particular PLC which is why I am questioning the eeprom.