Setting HMI Time from VB Script

theNoob

Is there a way to set the time on the HMI with VB Script commands?

I'm looking to create a button that when pressed, will set the current HMI time to the time on the connected PLC (which is available in my project now as a TAG).

For some reason I didn't feel inclined to do anything except answer the question. With the information given a single word answer was the best I can do. Taking the time to do a search on other recent posts by the OP to ascertain information that should have been in the first post I can only assume that the HMI is WinCC and the PLC is a Siemens PLC. [/cranky]

Wow -- seems like everybody's got a case of the "Mondays" (even though it's clearly a Tuesday just about everywhere on the globe). It's true, though...it's a Siemens S7-300 PLC in conjunction with WinCC.

All apologies to those who missed happy hour yesterday. 🍺

Hey! At least I knew I was feeling cranky. Thanks for the beer. 🍻
Unfortunately I know very little about Siemens and WinCC, so I'll have to bow out.

I dont know if its possible in a script but you can use
area pointers Date and time and Date and time plc to either get the plc time and set the HMI time with that value or send the HMI time to the plc

Just one tip:

Some of Siemens panels only keep the clock for a rather limited time. One example is OP177B. If you shutdown the panel for the weekend, then on monday morning the clock will have reset to the default.

Thus, dont set the clock from the PLC by means of a button.
In stead set it to load with the area pointer every 1 minute.
Only in this way will it automatically retrieve the PLC clock after powerup.