Line-Reactor with enclosure and small footprint

If your power is that bad maybe you should look into a Sola regulation transformer to feed those drives.
I agree! We're looking into several options for the main feed, as well as the cause of the spikes, but regardless, we will still require line-reactors on these drives. Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited:
do you also have brown outs and voltage drops?

if so, look for large loads that start / stop (200 hp air compressors, large welders) for example.
you should also look at the nearby industries, they can cause power spikes , voltage drops. if that is the case, you can have the power company force them to correct their power factor citing equipment damage. it's a pain when they get hit with a 100k penalty for power spikes and get charged based on that spike demand.

james

do you also have brown outs and voltage drops?

if so, look for large loads that start / stop (200 hp air compressors, large welders) for example.
you should also look at the nearby industries, they can cause power spikes , voltage drops. if that is the case, you can have the power company force them to correct their power factor citing equipment damage. it's a pain when they get hit with a 100k penalty for power spikes and get charged based on that spike demand.

james
Thank you for the info! We're actually aware of the cause of the spikes and are weighing our options to mitigate them but that's a whole other discussion